Thursday, May 31, 2012

We didn't know

May 30, 2011
I had just moved to California, nervously preparing for the first day of a new job.

May 31, 2011
I was brought to your cube, the corner with most foot traffic in the office.  You turned around, we shook hands.  

The same day, you came to my cube, invited me to my first work meeting.  We chatted politely.

July 17, 2011
Along with a few others, we hung out outside of work, for the first time.  

July 20, 2011
We decided to start our shocking Drink and Drive campaign, and pitched it to a confused coworker.

The same afternoon, I received the first "gift" from you.  A printed map of the North, permanently pinned on my cube wall as a reminder of your more superior knowledge in geography.

July 21, 2011
I reminded you that I'm a better linguist.  Your yes or no answer would be the same, even if it's a double negative question.

July 24, 2011
You told me about your idea of a fail-proof relationship.  Instead of going into a relationship expecting it to work out, just set the expectation to break after one year.  Then there's to pressure or expectations or anything.

I agreed, and believed in your vision, even though months later you changed your mind on this.

July 25, 2011
You attempted to convince me to stay, because it would make me the happiest.  I didn't understand why my happiness would be geographically confined.

My life forever changed.

December 10, 2011
I was having a bad day, you took me to the beach, the place where we find our happiness.  You told me you love me, I cried.

We didn't know, when we first touched each other hands, that it'd be the hand that we'd want to hold forever.

May 31, 2012
Happy 1-year-since-I've-known-you Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment